Ludo is an extremely popular and entertaining strategy-based board game originating from the Indian game of “Pachisi”. It is simple to play and is great for children and adults alike. It can be played by 2 to 4 players. Ludo involves throwing a single dice and racing your four tokens accordingly on the small square tiles. The aim is to move as fast as possible around the board until you reach the finish line while striking off your opponents’ tokens in the way.
It has been immensely popular in India for decades where family and friends would gather around the board game and enjoy it for hours on end. The increasing use of smartphones has renewed its popularity among adults who used to play the game in their childhood as well as for kids who are learning its simple yet wonderful strategies.
Today, Ludo apps are available to download and play on smartphones from the Google Play Store. This has made the game extremely popular in recent times. So if you are looking for a simple yet exciting board game to play with your friends or family, we suggest you go through our list of the top best Ludo Android apps below.
1 – Ludo King
Ludo king ranks as the top app for playing Ludo on Android smartphones. It has 100 million+ downloads which shows its immense popularity. Ludo King is a cross-platform, multiplayer game which is available on Android, as well as on iOS and Windows OS. Apart from its exciting online play mode, you can also choose to play Ludo King offline, against the computer or other players on the same smartphone.
- Play offline without internet connection
- Allows 2 to 4 players in Local Multiplayer mode
- Choice of 9 competing game rooms in Online Multiplayer mode
- Classic design with high definition graphics
- Fast and smooth game play in offline and online modes
2 – Ludo All Star
Ludo All Star ranks among the top Android Ludo apps as it was named as the Best Casual Game of 2019 by Google Play Store. Ludo All Star has been downloaded 15 million+ times and its user community keeps increasing every day. Apart from the conventional Ludo game, Ludo All Star also offers innovative playing modes, such as Team Battle and Terminator modes to make the game more exciting. The unique Lucky Spin Wheel feature also gives players a chance at interesting awards on a daily basis.
- Online Multiplayer mode supports 2 to 4 player games
- Comes in Classic and Arabic theme
- Playing modes include Online, Offline, Team Battle, Terminator and Raid modes
- Allows inviting Facebook friends to play online
- In game currency to make bets on each game and collect numerous rewards
- Undo dice roll and control your game better
- In-game chat feature available
3 – Parchis Star Online
Parchis Star Online is one of the best Ludo Android apps available on Google Play Store currently. It is an advanced version of the conventional Ludo game. Parchis is played among 2 to 4 players. It involves rolling two dice at the same time and moving one of four tokens along the board tiles to reach the finish line. It has been an immensely popular board game in Spain and is today available for download and play for Ludo lovers on their smartphones. Parchis Star Online also allows in-game chat features with unique and fun emojis. You can team up with players from across the world in its online multiplayer mode.
- Designed for Android smartphones and tablets
- Completely free to download and play
- Live chat with emojis for added fun
- Unlock in game achievements as you play along
4 – Ludo Classic
Ludo Classic is another extremely popular Ludo app for Android and comes with a completely classic board to play. It has an authentic wooden-board design which is how the game was played originally. Ludo Classic is sure to take you back in time to your childhood and remind you why you loved the game in the first place. Just like the conventional board game, Ludo Classic also allows 2 to 4 players to play and has a number of additional features to make the game even more interesting.
- Extensive range of setting to change display and playing options
- Offline mode to play against multiple computers
- Online and offline play modes to play with friends via internet or in real life
- Advanced AI for smooth and swift play
5 – Ludo Neo Classic
Ludo Neo Classic is yet another extremely popular Ludo app for Android smartphones. It is the first version of the popular board game with Indian, Nepali and International rules to play by. This makes Ludo Neo Classic extremely fun to play with your friends and family as well as between its international community members.
- Gradual CPU setting to increase or decrease Offline Player difficulty levels
- Minimal storage space required
- Extremely lightweight and fast
- Choice of board design between Classic and Modern
6 -Ludo Master
Ludo Master is comparatively new on Google Play Store but has already become an immensely popular online Ludo app for Android smartphones. It comes with a crisp board design and fast game play in both, online and offline multiplayer modes. The offline single player mode against the AI becomes gradually tougher as you progress, which makes it perfect to sharpen your skills before playing against real online opponents.
- Choose between Online and Private Multiplayer mode
- Simple classic rules and easy game play
- Clean board design for swift playing
- Extremely challenging offline game play against CPU
7 – Ludo Party
Ludo Party is ranked as one of the top Ludo Android apps for smartphones and is extremely unique. It is one of the few Ludo games which comes with a 3-D game design. The tokens (playing pieces) and the entire board game is high definition and is immensely interesting to play. Another excellent feature of the game is that it allows the AI to take over and play your turn in case you are busy or distracted from the game. This makes the game intriguing and fast at the same time. There is a choice between real-time multiplayer or online multiplayer modes.
- Simple yet interesting 3-D animated board game
- Real time and Online Multiplayer game modes
- Allows 2, 3 and 4 player to play at a time
- Extremely easy and user-friendly interface